Monday 11 December 2017

Advent 2: Art and Faith

This Sunday we listened to the first of two readings which focus on John the Baptist who came to tell the people (and in listening to the readings, us) to prepare the way for the Lord.

His message is for all people, young and old.  Listen to this video to hear more about the link with those who climb the trees to someone who in years to come would climb a tree to see Jesus. 

And the river, a reminder of the waters of baptism ... how are you living out your baptismal promises?



Readings for Sunday Advent 3
Isaiah 61:1-2, 10-11 I exult for joy in the Lord
Luke 1: 46-5-, 53-54: My soul rejoices in my God
1st letter to Paul 5: 16-24 May you all be kept safe, spirit, soul and body, for the coming of the Lord.
Alleliua, alleuia The spirit of the Lord has been given to me. He has sent me to bring good news to the poor. Alleliua